Monday, December 12, 2011

Craptastic Year Continues

I have not liked this year.

It started with visiting lots of hospitals with Neil, I got lots of knitting done while he had MRI
scans. I learnt of lots of ways he could die, I stressed, ate a lot and, if truth be told cant really remember much of what happened for the first half of the year.

He is now recovered, his energy levels are getting better and the 'sleeping sickness' is reducing.

One good thing that happened is that we got chickens, they are lovely ladies, we get at least one egg a day, sometimes all three laid, sometimes Dolly gives us a double yolker.

Then Mollie, my dear ex neighbour became ill. She was great, we used to giggle a lot. Even though she was forty years older than me she phoned me up to check that I was ok if she didn't see me for a few days. When she looked after the cats when I was away I always came home to a clean kitchen floor. I will miss her a lot, especially when we do something silly.

My boy has been ill for a while, he had thyroid problems (which is what his brother had).

This morning I made one of the worst phone calls I've ever had to. The vet was great.

He is now at peace.

It is going to be strange not having a him around. He had a good long life, 15 years of catty fun.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hun, you're really not having a good year :( I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, that's just horrible to have to deal with, especially on top of everything else.

Let's hope that these things do come in threes, and that that's the end of them. Next year will be better!

6:25 pm  
Blogger Inthesky said...

Sue I am sorry to hear about your Buddy Cat. He looks adorable in that photograph. (((Hugs))) at this sad time. xxx

7:07 pm  
Blogger stash haus said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:48 pm  
Blogger stash haus said...

I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. It's never easy. I hope 2012 is a much better year for you.

11:49 pm  
Blogger Yvonne said...

A really crap year for you - sending hugs

1:15 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Oh, what a year! Mr Graham and I are thinking of you...

9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home